Celebrating its 60th year of providing high-quality audio products to the world, Audio-Technica has unveiled the stylish AT-LP2022 turntable. With only 3,000 units available worldwide, the LP2022 is a collector’s item for audio enthusiasts, and the limited-edition Shibata stylus that comes with each turntable ensures that it would be an asset to any audiophile’s collection.
A 30 mm-thick, high-density clear acrylic chassis reduces resonance and reveals the belt-drive motor – highlighting the turntable’s analogue sound. As a high-end model, the AT-LP2022 has a pure phono-level output that can be connected to a phono input or dedicated phono pre-amp.
Visible through the acrylic, the built-in motor is sensor-monitored to allow the LP2022 to maintain a consistently accurate rotational speed of 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. When combined with the high-isolation, height-adjustable feet, it produces the ideal platform for all your favourite LPs.
A result of 60 years of phono cartridge development, the clear-bodied Shibata stylus fitted to the AT-VM95 cartridge can pick up ultra-high frequencies, allowing you to discover sounds you’ve never heard before. However, adjustable VTA (vertical tracking angle) and dynamic anti-skate control on the carbon-fibre tonearm ensure that the turntable can be used with alternative cartridges of various heights and weights.
For the AT-LP2022’s launch, President of Audio-Technica Corporation, Kazuo Matsushita said: “It is an honour to provide a quality audio experience to millions of people throughout the world. What begins as a simple vibration – a subtle movement – results in an emotional connection, whether that be when listening deeply to an album or sharing your voice with the world.”
- Limited edition turntable to celebrate Audio-Technica’s 60th anniversary
- Only 3,000 units of the AT-LP2022 will be made available
- Each AT-LP2022 has its own unique serial number
- Includes a 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus, plus a limited-edition, clear-body Shibata stylus
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- Motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- Carbon-fibre tonearm with metal tonearm lift and base, and VTA (vertical tracking angle) adjustment
- 30 mm-thick chassis made from low-resonance, high-density clear acrylic
- Transparent acrylic platter for stable rotation
- Adjustable dynamic anti-skate control
- Exclusively designed high-isolation, height-adjustable feet
- AC adaptor handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, and removable hinged dust cover
The Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 will be launching on the 1st November 2022 and will be available to purchase Winter 2022 at www.audio-technica.com, RRP £999/€1199.