RØDE has announced the NT1 5th Generation, a revolutionary studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound of the iconic RØDE NT1 with new, cutting-edge technology. With over six million units sold, the NT1 is the world’s most popular studio microphone and boasts a legacy that few can match. Since its release more than 30 years ago, the microphone has undergone multiple transformations, including the legendary NT1-A and innovative fourth-generation NT1, both used by countless creators today.
The NT1 5th Generation is the most significant evolution yet, harnessing the iconic sound quality and world-class performance that made the previous generations so successful while introducing state-of-the-art technology, including RØDE’s groundbreaking, patent-pending Dual Connect output offering both XLR and USB connectivity, a world-first “unclippable” 32-bit float digital output, advanced digital signal processing, and so much more. This is the ultimate studio microphone, a perfect marriage of tradition and innovation.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NT1 5TH GENERATION:
- HF6 large-diaphragm (1-inch) gold-sputtered capsule, precision engineered to sub-micron tolerances
- Smooth frequency response, high sensitivity and high SPL handling for incredible performance in a wide range of studio applications
- Exceptionally low noise (4dBA) – the world’s quietest studio condenser microphone
- Patent-pending Dual Connect output with both XLR and USB-C connectivity for use with audio interfaces, mixers and consoles, or direct plug-and-play recording with a computer
- World-first 32-bit float digital output
- Ultra-high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion
- On-board DSP for advanced APHEX® audio processing, including a compressor, noise gate, two-step high-pass filter, and legendary Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ effects
- Studio-grade shock mount and pop filter, XLR and USB cables included
- Available in black or silver with a rugged aluminium body and high-grade finishes – highly resistant to scuffs and scratches
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia
The NT1 5th Generation is available to pre-order now for $249 and will be available in March 2023. To find out more, visit the RØDE website